Terry G Green, Architect and Ampersand Construction have been awarded the Gold Award for “Whole house remodel under $300,000” by Professional Remodeler magazine, a national building trade publication. The house is featured in their October, 2012 issue.
This Mid-Century Modern revival is located in the Sapphire Shores neighborhood, on Brywill Circle. This 3 Bedroom 3 bath home includes a new detached Garage and Guest Suite. The unique site, fronts Brywill Circle as well as 47th Street. The new garage is located on 47th Street and connects with the Guest Suite and then to the main house with a covered walkway. The principal entrance remains on Brywill Circle and is accented by a immense Banyon tree.
We have won 2 more awards from SRQ magazine for the Bayshore house at 4948 Bay Shore Road: Gold or 2nd place for Home of the Year and First place or platinum for Outdoor Spaces.
GOLD WINNER – BAYSHORE “GREEN” HOUSE -Terry G. Green, Architect
The inspiration for this project came from the Balinese concept of detached “Bale” pavilions—an architectural form representative of separate living zones. The Balinese style of architecture exemplifies a strong link between the indoors and outdoors and is achieved in this house through the use of a series of high French doors that open directly onto heavily shaded porches on the second floor and to the pool/patio on the first floor. The true focus of this house is the pool/patio area with features such as two waterfalls, a connecting bridge to the guest suite and a cooking/dining pavilion. The project is certified by the Florida Green Building Coalition.
Architect: Terry G. Green, Architect. Builder: Richard Hinton/Kevin Mathis. Photography: Matt McCourtney. Landscape: Lynne Pitts, The Finishing Touch.
Florida Home Builders Association 3 AURORA AWARDS 2008
1. Custom Home One of a Kind $2 million to $3 million
2. Green Construction Custom Home – One of a Kind
3. Landscape/Pool Design Custom Home American Bamboo Society
Some Jurors Comments:
- “Your use of bamboo inside a house is certainly beautiful and would be a joy for any person who appreciates bamboo to live in.”
- “I thought this was a lovely, complete presentation. Mr. Green had applied before, but this is so much better. love the detail shots, especially in the bathroom! Tell him, thank you for applying again!!”
- “The design throughout the structure is superb, and the use of bamboo is imaginative, such as rounds to support the bathroom mirror and the use of the bamboo pole to complete the arc, as well as stair treads, ceiling covering, flooring, beautifully designed cabinets and many details. “
We are featured on the cover of Florida Green Building magazine. From the article: “Six years ago architect Terry Green took a trip to Bali, and was so inspired by the architecture, he incorporated Balinese design concepts into a home he built on By Shore Road, in Sarasota. This 3,600-square-foot home stands out for both its beauty and energy-efficiency.
A Chinese book, just published, titled “IN GREEN! Resident Architectures”. My Bayshore Road house is featured in it.